What is summer camp?
This is the biggest event for Young Kennel Club members and guarantees the whole family a summer holiday of a fun. Camp is perfect for members who wish to spend time with their dogs and fellow Young Kennel Club members. Its action packed to keep you and your dog entertained and also plenty of rest for your dog whilst you join in with team time and social activities. Camp will run from Saturday 27 July - Friday 2 August 2024.
Young Kennel Club Members must attend with parent/guardian who will be onsite at all times, and the whole family is welcome to attend.
Members must be aged between 7-16 years old to take part in training and the social activities.
Programme - dog training:
You will have a full dog training programme throughout the week.
Come along and join in with:
Obedience and Rally
Heelwork to Music
Good Citizen Dog Scheme
Masterclasses in a range of disciplines
Competition Day - Crufts 2025 Qualifiers will be held on Thursday 1 August in a range of disciplines
We have a busy and fun activities for members to take part in with their team to win points.
Sunday - Quiz Night - Fancy dress for all and fun games! Family Fun.
Monday - Games Night - join your team and move to different stations to win points. Parents can make up teams too.
Tuesday - Sports Night - cheer on the teams for a fun filled evening.
Wednesday - Barn dance Night - Dance the night away and fancy dress for all and try and win points!
Thursday - Talent Night - Last night in your team to impress the judges!
Extra points can be gained in Camp Challenge 2024.
We will have onsite activities for family members to take part in: Bingo, Adult Handling, 50 Points of a Dog Test, Afternoon Tea, Team Building Games, Arts and Crafts and a Fun Run. All family members are encouraged to come along to the social evenings and maybe even have your own team!
About the venue and facilities
Onsite you will have access to the following facilities during your stay:
- 24-hour toilet and shower block
- Site camping area with drinking water points
- Washing up area (not for dogs)
- Waste disposal suitable for caravans/motor homes
- Indoor areas - the Rutland Pavilion and main marquee
- Clubhouse - fully licensed bar open 5.30pm – 9.30pm
- Pre-ordered catering – breakfast hours: 7am – 8:30am - Dinner Hours 5:30-7:00pm. If you do purchase food in advance, you will be given catering vouchers once onsite
- Electrical charging points available in the main marquee
- Hard standing carpark
- Disabled access throughout the pavilion and including car parking
- Tea and coffee available in the main marquee
- Picnic benches
- First Aid Medical Team
Families must provide their own tents or caravans.
All pitch sizes are 10m x 8m.
All pitches are suitable for tent, trailer tent, caravan/campervans.
On the day of arrival the pitches will be available from 12pm onwards and they must be vacated by 12pm on departure.
Pre-booked electrical hook-up on-site.
Generators are permitted between the hours of 8am – 10pm.
All those camping on the showground field need to please bring additional supporting pads to the ones which are fitted to your motorhome or caravan. This is due to stopping caravans from sinking into the ground in wet weather.
What Does it Cost?
- Deposit and payment to be completed by the end of March 2024
- The cost for the members to take part in the training and social programme is £260 per member
- If a sibling is attending their training and social programme will be charged at a reduced rate of £210 (£50 discount)
- Sibling just joining the social teams for the week - £50 for the week pre book (will receive a goody bag and team t-shirt)
- Camping costs (£25 pounds per night £125) for five nights non-electric grass pitch or £150 (£30 pounds per night) for five nights for electric grass pitch. This is from Sunday 28 July - Friday 2 August. If you do wish to camp from Saturday 27 July this will be an extra £10 - Camp will begin on Sunday afternoon.